The coronavirus emergency special enrollment period has been extended through Saturday, May 15. Here are the dates coverage will begin, depending on what day you enrolled in a health plan:
- Enroll by Feb. 15, coverage starts Feb. 1
- Enroll Feb. 16–March 15, coverage starts March 1
- Enroll March 16–April 15, coverage starts April 1
- Enroll April 16–May 15, coverage starts May 1
Medicaid or Medicare? Private insurance or the Maryland Health Benefits Exchange? HMOs, PPOs, MCOs!? It is a lot to figure out.
If you are a current Chase Brexton Health Care patient, our Social Work and Outreach Department will help you to find what insurance coverage you may qualify for. Just fill out the form to the right to get assistance finding the right health plans for you and your loved ones!
To get help, you can contact our Social Work and Outreach Department for assistance at 410-837-2050 ext. 8872 or visit https://www.marylandhbe.com/ to apply directly for insurance.
To apply for Medicaid or Medicare, our Social Work team will need you to bring the following items with you:
- Proof of income for one month - for everyone in your household
- Last year's tax return or one month of your most recent pay stub(s)
- Don't have an income? We have a form for you to fill out.
- Proof of identity
- Photo ID (driver's license, state issued ID, passport, etc.)
- Don't have a photo ID? Bring 2-3 proofs of identity such as medical records, your Social Security card, school records, etc.)
- Birth certificate or permanent resident card
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth for everyone in the household
- Proof of immigration status (Birth certificates, asylee/refugee approval, J-1/F-1/B-1 visa, Employment Authorization Card, Permanent Resident “Green” Card)
- Don't have proof? Call us: 410-837-2050 ext. 8872