Got a question or concern? E-mail us!
In this Issue
--Good'n'Healthy: Try Spicy Watermelon Popsicles;
--Everyday Health: Why Back to School Check-ups Matter
--News Worthy: Coming to you from WBFF Fox 45!
--Health Awareness: Immunization Awareness
--Events: Charm Ball 2017!
Try Spicy Watermelon Popsicles!
A little spice is nice! This recipe is perfect for those hot and humid days. Sweet and refreshing with a hint of spice!
3 cups of watermelon
1 cup of strawberries
3 jalapeño peppers
1. Squeeze lemon juice over a mesh strainer
2. Cut watermelon into cubes
3. Peel the tomato
4. Cut up the strawberries into slices
5. Liquefy and pour through the strainer to remove large chunks
6. Thinly cut jalapeño peppers
7. Add peppers to your puree and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour
8. Divide juice into popsicle molds and place in freezer for 4-6 hours
Why Back to School Check-ups Matter
Making sure your kids get back-to-school check-ups is important because it helps them create lifelong healthy behavioral patterns. . Here is a checklist for preparing for your child’s checkup:
- Make sure their vaccinations are up to date
- Schedule medical, eye and ear exams
- Help your kids stay active
- Help your kids eat healthier
- Get the facts about bullying at school and youth violence prevention
- Know your ABCs of Concussions
To read more, click here
Through September 8, 2017: Get a free backpack and school supplies at your child's check-up at Chase Brexton!
Coming to you from WBFF Fox 45!
Nate Sweeney, Executive Director of the LGBT Resource Center, was live; responding to the new Transgender Military ban!
A quick shot in the arm can make us all healthier—vaccines play an important role in preventing serious, and often fatal diseases.
Charm Ball 2017!
Join us on Saturday, September 23 from 6 PM – 11 PM for a ‘charming’ evening at the historic B&O Railroad Museum. Click here for more info.