What, when, why, how...all your questions (or most of them!) are answered here!
AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore is a fundraising walk and 5K timed run benefitting and produced by Chase Brexton Health Care.
Chase Brexton Health Care is a non-profit, community health center that provides dependable, high-quality, comprehensive, and accessible health care to all. Our HIV/AIDS health care programs have changed the lives of many patients who now live with undetectable viral loads. The AIDS Walk & Run will help us to expand our HIV programs to reach more and provide more for our communities.
AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place the morning of Sunday, May 7th, 2017.
AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place at The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, located at 1876 Mansion House Drive, Baltimore, MD 21217.
The course for the timed run and walk is 5 kilometers (3.1 miles).
No! AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place rain of shine. Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is accessible from I-83 northbound and southbound via Druid Park Lake Drive. Directions:
- From I-83 North and South – Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-95 South – Take I-695 West to I-83 South. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-95 North – Take I-395 North (Exit 53), continue onto Pratt Street, then turn left onto President Street. Continue straight on I-83 North. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-70 – Take I-695 North to I-83 South. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From Downtown Baltimore – Take Pratt Street to President Street and turn left. Continue straight on I-83 North. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- 7:00am - Registration and other activities begin
- 8:00am - Event program starts
- 8:15am - 5K run begins
- 8:20am - Walk begins
- 8:30-10:00am - Visit our HIV/AIDS Health Fair
- 10:00am - Post AIDS Walk & Run celebrations include recognition of our top fundraisers and teams
- 5K Registration Fee - $35
- 12 and under 5K Registration Fee - $10
- Virtual Walker/Runner - $40 - Want to sleep in or just can't be with us? Register as a Virtual Walker/Runner and you can support the effort from where you are!
- General Walk Registration - $25
- 12 and under General Walk Registration - $10
Everyone is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative event t-shirt.
Register as a Virtual Walker/Runner! A Virtual Walker/Runner is someone who either won't be available to participate or who would just prefer to sleep in on May 1st. Virtual Walkers/Runners will receive their commemorative event t-shirt by mail, and will still receive the same level of support for their fundraising efforts as any other registered participant, should they choose to raise money for AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore.
- Timed Run - You do not need to raise any amount above your registration fee in order to participate. We do, however, strongly encourage everyone to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative t-shirt.
- Walk - You do not need to raise any amount above your registration fee in order to participate. We do, however, strongly encourage everyone to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative t-shirt.
We will continue to accept donations (online, checks, and cash) for AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore 2017 through June 30, 2017. Donations will continue to be attributed to participant accounts.
Checks should be made payable to "Chase Brexton Health Care."
Checks should be sent to:
Chase Brexton Health Care
1111 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please make sure there is a donation form attached so we know to post the donation to your Participant Account.
Many companies today will match your fundraising dollars. It's a great way to effectively double your fundraising efforts. If your company doesn't currently match funds, ask your company's Human Resources manager if they will start a program. You would be surprised how many companies add this program annually as an employee benefit program.
All money raised goes to support the HIV/AIDS programs of Chase Brexton Health Care.
Established in 1978, Chase Brexton Health Care is a non-profit, community-based provider of health care and social services. With seven locations in Maryland, Chase Brexton offers primary medical and dental care; mental health and addictions conseling and treatment; HIV education, prevention and testing; legal services; and medical adherence case management. Chase Brexton Health Care is committed to meeting the health needs of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community and people living with HIV/AIDS.
This year AIDS Walk incentives include:
- $250 - AIDS Walk water bottle
- $500 - AIDS Walk lunchbox
- $1,000 - AIDS Walk camp chair.
Please note that fundraising incentives are not cumulative.
There is no packet pick up ahead of time, you will pick up everything the day of the event.
I can't pick up my t-shirt and incentive items in advance. Can I pick them up on the day of the event?
Yes, t-shirts and incentive items will be distributed beginning at 7:00 am on Sunday, May 7th. Team Captains or a designee are eligible to pick-up all items for their team - please inform your team members if you are doing so to avoid any confusion.
Yes and No! We encourage you to attend with all members of your family no matter how young! Strollers are permitted, but we ask if you are running the 5K to start towards the back. Pets are NOT permitted in the walk or the timed run - or at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
Teams are made up of individuals from companies, civic organizations, schools, families, and friends. Any group of people who want to help fight HIV/AIDS can form a team. Teams can range in size from two to more than 250. See our Start a Team page for tips on starting a team, recruiting team members, and more.
Sponsors are a key part of the success of AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore. View/download our Sponsorship Opportunities package for more information.
If you have additional questions, please contact Amy Tignanelli at 410-837-2050 ext. 1034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.